Thursday, January 21, 2010

What Did You Do on the First Day of Class?

It's day 4, and the semester already feels well (and disturbingly) under way. What do (or did) you do on the first day of class? How did it go? Here's a link with some recommendations. For clarification, while the link is housed at U of Hawaii, the material is actually written by Joyce Povlacs's, at the University of Nebraska.


http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/intranet/committees/FacDevCom/guidebk/teachtip/101thing.htm


Do any of these sound useful? I'd love to know what others do on Day One--please feel free to comment!

1 comment:

  1. I always wind up reviewing my syllabus on Day One--which is boring for myself and the students, yet, I feel like it is necessary, especially since experience says many students won't read the syllabus on their own. What do others think?

    ReplyDelete